Blueline Contracting is seeking an Project Coordinator for work on high end, custom residential homes.
ABOUT BLUELINE CONTRACTING:
We have been building quality, high performance custom homes in the Sea to Sky region since 2009. We focus on a select number of projects per year, allowing our team to focus on the projects at hand, and the attention to detail required to deliver the caliber of home that has defined our reputation. We are about precision, quality, and good people. We have created a culture where excellent people enjoy working here and top-quality trades want to work with us. Our current and future projects include several high-end homes in Whistler and Squamish, and a net-zero project.
We provide the ultimate environment to grow your career on marquis project, using advanced systems and providing a high level of senior mentor ship.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator (PC) duties are wide ranging and involve predominantly office work, but also a strong on-site presence to facilitate the site super in construction of high-end and complex residential projects. The PC brings extensive experience in high end residential construction to this leadership role and will ensure their high standards and expectations are executed throughout company projects.
The PC has a major role in ensuring procurement, purchasing, budget evaluation, costing models he supports the project needs of senior Staffa director assists the site super on site at times.
The position is varied between office, site office and in the meat of the build.
The PC helps ensure the highest standards in performance and quality are being met and is instrumental in the growth and culture within the company.
The PC reports to and is supported closely by the President, with project assistance from a full-time Project Manager and Administrator. On-site assistance and coordination of construction is provided by the Site Superintendent(s).
· Exercises considerable independent judgment and initiative in the tasking provided by senior staff and manages all procurement items for the build. Working tightly with site super and PM, the PC has much ownership of overall project success, from start to finish
· Executes budgeting and procurement tasks, schedule development, quality assurance, project status/reporting
· Coordinates internal resources and trades/vendors
· Strives to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, schedule and budget
· Provides technical interaction with vendors and trades to define scopes
· Planning, estimating, tendering, preparing subcontracts, liaises with clients and sub-trades, assists greatly in the senior staff’s managememt of all technical and financial aspects of the project
· Ensures that construction, company and safety standards are met on all projects
- 15 years in construction min
- 5 years min in a site super role
- 5 years min working on high end residential projects
- You are a highly skilled carpenter (red seal carpenter or equivalent) with extensive experience building custom homes
- You are leader who can manage, mentor and motivate a crew of carpenters and apprentices
- Your attention to detail and striving for perfection are your great skills, you welcome challenges and see problem solving as a rewarding part of the job
- You are organized – and so are your sites and your communication
- You have computer skills – phone and laptop work are part of this position
CCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
At Blueline Contacting, we understand that being a leader in our field is wholly dependent on the important work, dedication and attitude of our staff. We compensate our leaders and provide benefits at the same high level as our construction performance standards.
Salary: TBD based on experience ($32 and up)
Paid lunch daily (~$8k)
Travel pay if out of town
Profit sharing bonus
RRSP : company matches employee contribution
Benefits: full medical / paramedical / dental / Life package provided
Vehicle: Provided for out of town days
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
We will only be responding to shortlisted applicants